As a reference - Men's champion prize money for Hong Kong International Open is HK$20,000 (ie. US$2564)
For hotel rooms, it varies from USD60-100 per night per room across all the legs. You may visit the www.abf-online.org for information of Secretariat details.
Top 16 men and top 16 women Asian finishers** of the Masters Open categories of the international opens will qualify to enter into the ABF Tour for single elimination competitions.
Detailed entry requirements is avaiable here.
- To be eligible for participation in the Tour (or any part thereof) as a Bowler, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- the competitor must be born in a Member Country;
- the competitor must be of Asian ethnicity and descent;
- the competitor must be an individual member in good standing of the Federation of a Member Country;
- the competitor must, throughout the duration of the Tour (from the commencement of the first Leg to the conclusion of the Tournament of Champions), hold a valid and current passport of a Member Country; and
- the competitor must have been continuously domiciled and resident in a Member Country / Member Countries for the period of not less than three (3) consecutive years immediately preceding the year 2004;
- the competitor shall not, and shall not at any time during the period of three (3) years immediately preceding the date on which the first Leg commences:
- identify, or have identified, himself as a professional bowler; and/or
- hold, or have held, membership in any professional bowling organisation or tour; and/or
- compete, or have competed, in any professional bowling tournament, event or tour, or any bowling tournament, event or tour that is not sanctioned by the American Zone, the European Tenpin Bowing Federation or the ABF.
- Any competitor who is not of Asian ethnicity and descent is ineligible to participate in the Tour as a Bowler unless such competitor satisfies the conditions set out in clauses 1.1(a), 1.1(c), 1.1(d), 1.1(e) and 1.1(f).
- Any competitor who is not born in a Member Country is ineligible to participate in the Tour as a Bowler unless such competitor satisfies the conditions set out in clauses 4.1(b) to 1.1(f) (inclusive).
- The ABF may, in its sole discretion, exclude the application of clause 4.1(e) on the basis that a competitor has been domiciled and/or resident outside the Member Countries at any time during the period of three (3) consecutive years immediately preceding the year 2004 for educational purposes.
- Notwithstanding the satisfaction of the eligibility conditions set out in clauses 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 and without prejudice to clause 13.2, the ABF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to exclude any competitor from competing and participating in the Tour (or any part thereof) on the basis of medical and/or health-related reasons.
- As and when required by the ABF, each Bowler shall provide to the ABF such documentary evidence that the eligibility conditions set out in clauses 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (as applicable) are fully satisfied. For the avoidance of doubt, the ABF shall have final determination on any and all Bowler eligibility issues relating to the Tour.
- There is no age limit for Bowlers in the Tour.
No entry fee is required for the ABF Tour.
For more information about the international opens, please visit the following websites: